Verdict – Though Nikon D5600 is a little pricey but it is the best Dslr camera under 50000 Rs range, D5600 announced on nov 2016 has all the needed features a dslr should have under the 50,000 price range like large size sensor, SnapBridge and easy to use user interface, light and compact body, high ISO range are some genuinely useful differentiators among its rivals which makes it a best dslr under 50k and an excellent option for photography enthusiasts.
Best DSLR Cameras in India Under 50000 Rupees
- Canon 750D: 24MP, 19AF points, 440 shots, 555g, 18-55mm
- Nikon D5600: 24MP, 39AF points, 820 shots, 465g, 18-55mm – Best DSLR camera under 50000 Rs
- Canon 200D: 24.2MP, 9AF points, 650 shots, 453g, 18-55mm
- Canon 800D: 24MP, 45AF points, 600 shots, 532g, 18-55mm
- Nikon D5300: 24MP, 39AF points, 600 shots, 480g, 18-55mm + 70-300mm
- Sony A6000L: 24.3MP, 179AF points, 360 shots, 344g, 16-50mm
- Sony A68K: 24MP, 79AF points, 580 shots, 670g, 18-55mm
Senior Photographer @ SkCamera
Nikon D5600 is a small update of the previous excellent camera – D5500.
In comparison to it’s nearest canon competitor canon 750D the D5600 offers 10% larger pixel area, 20 more focus points, time lapse recording, higher color depth and dynamic range, better low light ISO performance and battery life, great built-in flash, great video recording with Rs 5,000 more than Canon 750D. Whereas, Canon 750D competes D5600 with all cross type 19 AF points and Better moiré control. So, if you are more of in motion photography than 750D is slightly better than D5600. But overall, Nikon D5600 is the best Dslr camera under 50000.
Canon EOS 750D
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor, DIGIC 6 image processor
- Hybrid CMOS AF III focus system (live view)
- Cross-type 19 AF points, f/2.8 at center (except with the EF28-80mm f/2.8-4L USM and EF50mm f/2.5 compact macro)
- IOS 100-12800 (expands to 25600)
- 1920 x 1080 (Full HD) @ (30p , 25p , 24p/3.6Mbps)
- Continuous Shooting: 5fps
- 3″ fully articulating 1040k-dot touchscreen LCD
- Wi-Fi and NFC
- 2 years Canon India warranty
Worth the price
Canon 750D captures stunning images effortlessly for its provided price, hence it is the best budget dslr under 50,000 rs. The camera captures detailed , high-resolution and vivid images with perfect exposure and auto white balance (color) in any situation with no editing or processing required.
What makes 750D a best DSLR under 50000 Rs
The camera is capable of keeping track to fast moving subjects using its all-cross-type 19 AF point fast auto-focus system. If you have multiple objects in a photo you can set it to “auto AF-area” select mode and it accurately focuses on all the subjects automatically and tracks them very quickly making it a best dslr camera under 50000 list.
But it has no face recognition, so you have to assign AF points manually for people pictures and video autofocus is not as good as Nikon D5600.
Low light capable
Canon EOS 750D will allow you to take very memorable images even under low light condition due to its automatic flickering light synchronization and desirable ISO 100 – 12800 (25600 expandable) range and its speed-lite flashes and fast aperture lenses that ensures high quality and depth control images even if the flash is off.
Read This User Experience of Canon 750D
- Microphone port
- Vari-angle 1.040k dots touch screen
- all cross-type 19-points hybrid AF
- Built-in Wi-fi and NFC
- Dynamic range and details not as good as Nikon 5600
- No direct access to AF point selection
- only 440shots/charge battery life
Nikon D5600: Best DSLR Camera Under 50000
- Large 23.5 x 15.6 mm 24MP APS-C CMOS sensor
- IOS 100-25600
- 39 AF points(9 cross type)
- 5fps Continuous shooting
- Full HD 1080 @ 60p video with built-in stereo sound
- Fully Articulated 3.2″ 1.037k-dots touch-screen
- Image processing EXPEED 4
What’s new in D5600
Major updates to its predecessor Nikon D5000:
- Bluetooth & NFC to connect with Nikon’s Snapbridge app.
- Remote control & release via Bluetooth and the Snapbridge app, but doesn’t works with infra-red remote anymore.
- Improved touchscreen, quick switching and cropping of images.
- Depreciated 640 x 424p video mode; only 1,080p and 720p available.
- Timelapse movies.
- No analog NTSC/PAL video output.
Once you connect Nikon D5600 Bluetooth to free SnapBridge app on your smartphone, JPEG images can be automatically transferred in bulk from the D5600 to your smart-device or you can select individual images to transfer at full size (but JPEG-only).
SnapBridge uses Wi-Fi to transfer movies wirelessly, and to capture still images via remote. So, you can use your smartphone as a remote to control the camera.
Performance and Image Quality
- 5fps continuous shooting
- 820-shot battery life
- SnapBridge needs work
- ISO 100-25,600
- Creative Effect modes
- No low-pass filter
- 39 points(9 cross type)
Nikon D5600’s 24MP sensor captures much detailed, natural looking and sharp images in comparison to other best DSLR cameras under 50000 Rs. Due to no anti-aliasing it produces false color in high contrast scenes. So, you might need to dial in some negative exposure compensation to regain shadow detail and retain highlight detail in post-processing if required.
The D5600’s auto white balance performed good in a range of lighting conditions due to its desirable ISO range, JPEG colors are vibrant and bright. Skin tones are quite pleasing to eyes in comparison to other cameras under 50,000 rupees.
What makes it a best DSLR camera under 50000 Rs
Nikon D5600 features 39 autofocus points which desirably covers around the viewfinder. You can keep the track of the subject and its movement over the time around the frame, as well as towards and away from the camera with the help of its metering sensor to view the scene and identify the pointed subject.
Read This User Experience of Nikon D5600
- Good ergonomics, aided by touchscreen
- Good, easy-to-use autofocus
- Vari-angle 3.2″ 1.037k-dots touch-screen
- 820shots/charge great battery life
- Snapbridge for seamless image transfer
- Built-in Wi-fi, NFC, microphone port
- No USB charging
- Video autofocus is not that great
- No aperture control for video recording
Canon EOS 200D
- 24.2 MP – APS-C CMOS (22.3 x 14.9 mm) Sensor
- DIGIC 7 image processor
- 3″ Vari-angle touchscreen LCD
- Dual Pixel autofocus helps quick focusing, available in live view and video mode also
- Wi-Fi/NFC/Bluetooth low energy
- 5fps Continuous shooting
- ISO 100-25,600 (expandable to 51,200)
- External mic input
- 9-point autofocus
- ‘Self explanatory’ user interface
Perfect for beginners
Canon 200D also featured in our “Best Dslr under 40000 Rs” list. It is a perfect mini Dslr for beginners to easily pick and use without the application of traditional size of a DSLR. Thanks to its 3″ vari-angle selfie friendly LCD and touchscreen control, plus Dual Pixel AF for speedy on-screen autofocus, microphone port and simpler button layout compared to other DSLR cameras. Connect smart phones with built-in Wifi and NFC for seamless transfer of images or share them on social media. you can also use your smartphone as a remote to control Canon 200D.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF
In Live View mode, the EOS 200D (also known as rebel SL2) uses Dual Pixel CMOS AF which makes 80% (broader coverage than the viewfinder system) of the sensor area to become phase-detect AF points. It provides quick, seamless and responsive shift when switching back to taking pictures or switching the focus from one subject to another. But it also drains the battery.
When using the viewfinder AF system one can manually select which of the 9 AF points to use, or let the camera automatically select from them.
- Light weight with Vari-angle screen
- Excellent Dual Pixel AF system
- Fast focusing performance in Live View
- External mic input
- Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 low energy
- Guided user interface
- Real-time metering with image sensor
- USB charging convenient
- No in-camera Raw conversion
- 9 AF points
Canon EOS 800D
- 24MP Dual pixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- All cross type 45 AF points
- IOS 100-25600 (expands to 51200)
- Fully Articulated 3″ 1040k-dot touchscreen
- Image processing DIGIC 7
- 1080p video @ 60 fps with electronic IS
- 6fps Continuous shooting
- Built-in Wi-Fi with Bluetooth and NFC
Great Images with no noise
Canon 800D (Rebel T7i) uses the same technology as pro DSLR for noise reduction making it one of the best DSLR camera under 50000. DIGIC 7 chip handles 14 times more information than the Canon 750D’s DIGIC 6 processor, which also helps in delivering reduced high-ISO noise performance and also an improved autofocus performance.
What makes 800D a best DSLR camera under 50000 Rs
With all-cross-type 45 AF points and 24MP Dual pixel sensor and 6fps burst shooting you can expect fast and accurate autofocus, AF points are more likely to lock onto its target it means that autofocus has become much better of already excellent autofocus of 750D, so you can capture all fast moving objects without moiré and with 45 AF points and Digital video stabilization video autofocus has also become far better than 750D.
800D produces excellent JPEGs color and competitive image quality even in low light due to its 100 – 25600 (51200 expandable custom setting). 800D is consistent in shooting through both, “optical viewfinder” or “live view, using the rear screen”. This relatively seamless consistency means you can shoot using the rear touch-screen just as if it were a smartphone making it one of the best DSLR camera under 50000 rupees.
Canon 800D has an option of switching to a new and friendly user interface that have got photos, features graphics and explanations that will help you to understand its functions and how to apply them practically in order to achieve the desired effect. The most interesting part is that Canon EOS 800D is compatible with even non-IS lenses making it to appear among the best DSLR camera under 50000 in India. The camera enables remote control for live view shooting and even the transfer of files with mobile device via pairing method. In 800D time-lapse movie feature has been added which was missing in 750D
Read This User Experience of Canon 800D
- Pleasing overall image quality
- Electronic movie stabilization
- All cross type 45 AF points
- [Q] Quick-Control button for quick settings
- User-friendly interface
- Depth-of-field preview button
- No AF Fine Tuning
- Battery percentage indication: none
- No rear control dial and lock on mode dial
- 24.1MP DX format CMOS sensor, without OLPF
- ISO 100-12,800 standard, expanded up to 25,600
- 39-point AF system, 9 sensors cross-type
- EXPEED 4 processor
- 5 fps continuous shooting
- Built-in Wifi and GPS
- 1.037k dots 3.2″ vari-angle LCD monitor
- 1080 60p video recording, built-in stereo mic
Different kit option for Nikon D5300
– 18-55mm AF-P f/3.5-5.6g VR Lens + Nikon D5300 + 8GB card and Camera Bag under 38,000 Rs
– 70-300mm AF-P f/4.5-6.3G VR + AF-P 18-55mm f/ 3.5-5.6g VR Lens + Nikon D5300 + 16GB card and Camera Bag under Rs, 49,000
– 18-140mm AF-S f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens + Nikon D5300 + 16GB card and Camera Bag under Rs, 49,000
Nikon D5300 has less features than the above cameras and can be bought under 40,000 Rs with single lens kit, but the reason why we also recommend it in best dslr camera under 50000 Rs is that it is one of the popular camera under 40,000 and if some of the above cameras feature are redundant to you or if you don’t use those feature much, like if you are ready to sacrifice on touch screen you can buy an extra lens (AF-P DX 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G VR) worth Rs 19,000 with Nikon D3400 dual lens kit.
Top Pick under 40,000 Rs
D5300 has a same 24MP high resolution sensor. So The camera is ideal for low light conditions hence suitable for both indoor and outdoor sho, you can just point and shoot grat readily detailed and true color high quality images. It produces great images with natural light and color condition due to its D-lighting function. Its 39-point Autofocus that is capable of locking and tracking your subjects even when they are moving and Its ISO range 100 – 12800 (25600 expandable) allows you to click desirable images even in low light and with extra 70-300mm lens aperture range increases ans so will your autofocus thus making it to feature among the best DSLR cameras under 50,000 Rs.
- High resolution sensors with great performance
- No anti-aliasing filter
- Works in low light conditions
- High-res vari-angle screen
- In-built Wi-Fi and GPS
- EXPEED 4 processor
- Timelapse Recording
- Special Effects in JPEG only
- Burst mode slows down with 14-bit RAW files
- No video recording option with Wi-Fi remote app
Sony Alpha A6000L
- 24.3 MP Exmor TM APS HD CMOS sensor
- BIONZ X image processing engine
- 4D Focus with Fast Hybrid AF and 179 AF points
- Upto 11 FPS Continuous Shooting
- Tiltable LCD screen and OLED Tru-Finder EVF
- Wi-Fi / NFC / Play Memories camera apps
- Register your product at Alpha Community and get free Accessory!
What makes the A6000 a best dslr camera under 50000
Due to its 11 fps Continuous shooting you can easily capture fast moving subjects, If you combine 11fps with 179 AF points, it is the most super-fast and accurate focus camera under RS 50,000 but the catch here is that it drains the battery quickly.
BIONZ X processor produces real images with correct details and texture as seen by naked eyes. Sony Alpha A6000L will allow you to take memorable images whether you shoot video or stills and with lower noise. It has Wifi and NFC sharing images is as good as Nikon D5600. Sony Alpha A6000L will allow you to take sharp and clear images even under low light situations due to its ISO of 100-25600 range
Sony Alpha A6000L Features among the best DSLR cameras UNDER 50,000 because of the OLED EVF feature that is responsible for the 100% frame coverage and wide field of view. It has a 4D Focus that envelopes the scene with a wide coverage area and focuses on subjects quickly even the subject is in motion by predicting its movements over time.
Read This User Experience of Sony A6000L
- High quality, responsive OLED viewfinder(100% coverage)
- 11 fps continuous shooting
- 179 focus points (phase-detection AF)
- 25 points (contrast-detection AF)
- Fast and accurate autofocus
- Small size and light weight
- Built-in stereo microphone
- USB charging convenient
- Great low light performance
Sony SLT A68K
- 24MP 23.5 x 15.6mm, APS-C CMOS sensor
- Built-in Sensor-shift Image Stabilization
- IOS 1OO-25600
- Continuous shooting 8fps
- OLED Tru-Finder EVF
- 4D Focus with high-density 79 AF points
- Tilt-able 2.7″ 460k-dot screen
- 8fps continuous shooting
- Image processing BIONZ X
- 1440k dot Electronic viewfinder
- 100% viewfinder coverage
Budget DSLR for advanced beginner
Sony A68K have got 79-phase-detection AF points and 8fps continuous shooting speed that keeps tracking of fast moving subjects and sensor shift image stabilization makes it more better by countering camera shake. It allows you to capture all the bright and reds shades of environment making to be one of the best DSLR camera under 50000 Rs. It produces minimal noise and high image quality. Shoot images with great colours and contrast with its OLED feature. But it has no time-lapse recording.
Sony Alpha A68K is known for beautiful portrait pictures and fast face detection. AF point ensures that the images produced are sharp since it focuses on the face by detecting on the eye that is on focus. The camera posses a control wheel and will allow you to quickly change the camera settings as you look at the viewfinder making it best DSLR camera under 50000 Rs.
- Great electronic viewfinder
- Built-in sensor-shift Image Stabilization
- LCD on top for quick setting
- Fast and accurate 79 AF points
- 100% viewfinder coverage
- Low resolution LCD screen
- No timelapse recording
- Only eye-fi connected
In the end, it all depends on what your needs are, if you are looking for a best DSLR camera under 50000 in India 2018 with readily great image quality and reasonable video quality with compact body go for Nikon D5600 and if you want a dslr mostly for still photography then Canon 200D is the best dslr camera under 50000 for you. And if you are looking for a budget best dslr camera under 50000 Rs with fast and high speed action photography as a priority then go for Canon 750D.
If you have a question leave a comment below.